Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend with Amber & Nathan

I was kinda having a bad day last Saturday just feeling down and sorry for myself. Greg is still gone in Alaska and I feel like I have lots of friends but unless I call them to hang out most of them don't ever call me. I hate to always be the one to make the plans and I feel like Eva needs those play dates just as much as I do. So anyways I called Amber to complain and she told me to just come and stay with her for a few days. I left about an hour later. It was so good to see her and to spend time with other adults.
Personal note to Aunt Rachel: I wanted to come and see you but with you being so sick I didn't want to risk it and get Eva sick. So next time we'll have to get together. I hope you understand.

These are pictures we took at Wheeler Farm on Sunday. Amber, Cameron, Nathan, Eva and I all went for the afternoon. It's a really pretty place with lots of farm animals to see. Eva and Nathan Loved it.
The Prego Twins!


Eva is usually really good at looking right at the camera and saying, "cheese" but of course she wouldn't do it when I tried to get in the picture with her.

How sweet is that? Eva and Nathan are so cute together. They got along so well and kept each other entertained all weekend. I wish we lived closer so they could play together more often. Amber thanks so much for a fun weekend. Eva and I really needed that.

12 comments:

Emily Vickery said...

I totally know how you feel about getting lonely and stuff. But that is especially hard that Greg is gone. If you are ever bored, call me because gauranteed I am bored, too!;) It's 241-7195; hope you are feeling well, and as always, you look great! -em

Ty and Jenn said...

Yes I understand those playdates. Yesterday I was totally in that mood of needing an adult to talk to and couldn't find anyone home in the morning. But the afternoon got better and someone randomly dropped by. I love those visits. You were always good about that when I had Luke and was home for maternity leave. I am only a phone call away...who cares about those minutes adding up right?

The Bartschi's said...

I am glad that you got to go see your sis and spend some time with her. I know how you feel sometimes I want someone else to plan a get together and not me. but you know I am always here!!

Audrey said...

That's great that you were able to get out and have fun. I've been thinking about you all week but Robert's nose is very running. I'm not sure if he's sick or just teething but since 5 disease is going around I didn't want to risk it. Hopefully next week we can get together.

Rachel B said...

Sniff, sniff, (tear), Maybe next time....

(Hope you know I'm kidding...really I would have loved to see you, but yeah, I was not very much fun for anyone. And pregnant women and babies don't need to be around sick people for sure. I am glad you were able to be with family for a while and have a good time. Sisters are the best.)

Amber said...

I am so glad you came to see us, we had lots of fun. Too bad I look huge in your"Prego twins" picture. Love you:)

Tom & Michelle said...

I remember those times out at school and I would call either you or Amber and like a hour later I would be on trailways comming for the weekend. There is nothning better than haveing the company of your sister. I wish I could of been there, and you guys look realy cute prego together. Love you.

Tom & Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom & Michelle said...

yes that was me who deleted the comment, mine got posted 2 times.:)

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I am glad you got together for a playdate. I have felt like that before after we moved away from Ridgecrest. We are still in the ward so we don't know anyone in our new neighborhood but we also don't live in the community. Anyway glad you found some company! That is great! You are always welcome here if you want or need another playdate!

Mandie said...

It looks like you had fun! We had our engagement photos taken at Wheeler Farm - I wanted to do one on a tractor, but then we forgot! I think a lot of people like to get together and do stuff, they just don't want to plan it. That's how I am anyway, but luckily Jonathan is a planner.

Dave said...

You two are beautiful just like your mom. You look so cute in your prego pic and the kids are so cute. I miss you all, I wish I could be there for you all. I'm glade that Nathan and Eva enjoy each others company and play well together. Love you, Dad.