Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Eva and Deegan

Eva loves babies right now. I have to say that I'm very relived at how interested and loving she is to them. I remember a few months ago every time I would try to hold someones baby Eva would freak out and start crying. I remember wondering if this meant she was going to have a really hard time seeing me with the new baby? I was kinda worried but now as you can see she has really changed her view on babies. This is her with her 5 month old cousin Deegan. Eva loves him so much and when I hold him she gets really excited and says, "momma, baby."


When we put Deegan and Eva on the floor together this is what happens. She smothers him. It's really cute how much she just loves him. She just smiles and says, "baby, baby" over and over again has she hugs and kisses him.

It's really cute but every now and again we have to pull her off him to make sure he is still breathing. I'm just glad that her little mothering instincts are kicking in. I know she is going to be such a sweet and loving big sister.

7 comments:

Rachel B said...

Oh, that is sooo cute! What a little sweetie. She will be a very good big sister.

Julianne said...

Ha, how cute! Love the smothering picture...I think it's so funny when big babies try to "love" or "help" little babies...it's usually more hinderance than "help"! And, I'm sorry, but her little purple band-aid made me giggle. I hope she's healing up nicely. =)

Shelli said...

Adorable pictures!! I love her so much.

Tom & Michelle said...

Shes not even 2 yet and she is already acting like you! Before you know it she'll be making him bean and Bacon soup!

She is really really cute I like the purple band aid.. it took me a minute to figure out what it was.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh that is so cute!! She will be a great big sister!

Amber said...

I'm sure she'll be the best big sister....most of the time... :)

Andersen Family said...

Hi Andrea, how is everything going for you guys? I see that you've moved out of ISU housing. Hooray! So happy for you! Oh, and congrats on your new baby soon.