Monday, September 15, 2008

Greg's Commissioning Ceremony

Greg had his commissioning ceremony which now makes him an actual Second Lieutenant in the National Guard. I am so proud of Greg and all that he has accomplished these past few years. It was such an honor to be at the ceremony and hear wonderful things said about my husband from Colonel Morris. He thanked me and Greg's parents for the wonderful person Greg is and for our support. Colonel Morris said that there are 3 times in Greg's life that he will always remember, his wedding day, the birth of his beautiful daughter and his commissioning. It was very sweet and I got so choked up as only a pregnant girl can. I loved the whole program and watching Greg get sworn in was amazing. I can't even explain all the joy and pride I felt for my sweet husband. This is a picture of me and Greg's mom Sheri pining on the new rank.


This is Greg with Major Christopher who presented Greg with a bayonet and his appointment as a Lieutenant.

Greg with his Mom and Dad. They are so proud of him.


Our little family. Well......they are.

11 comments:

Rachel B said...

Andi, you should be so proud. I have recently been thinking about our military and so many of the sacrifices that they and their families make to keep our Nation safe. Greg is a real hero, and I am so grateful to him, and all of the others like him, since our country was first formed in 1776, The National Guard was there, and has been there, and was there when the Towers fell, and I continue to feel safe and can send my children to school because I know they are watching out for us. So Thank You Andi, for supporting and loving a great hero, and tell Greg we love him too!

The Bartschi's said...

That is wonderful!! Congrats Greg!!!

Amber said...

Congratulations Greg. We are proud of you and all your hard work...now be careful not to get eaten in Alaska by the bears!!! :) Ann, the pic. isn't that bad....:) :)

Ty and Jenn said...

Congrats to Greg! Andrea you are such a patient wife and very supportive of his long hours away from home. Cute family pic.

Dave said...

Congratulations Greg, hard work does pay off. You are blessed to have a wife and family who supports you in all that you do. Good luck in Alaska, I'm sure it will be an awesome hunting trip.

The Bartschi's said...

You've Been Tagged! The Rules are....tell about 7 quirks of yours & then Tag 7 fellow bloggers to do the same, be sure to leave a comment to let them know!

Shelli said...

Oh how can I express how proud and happy I am for all of you. What a beautiful little family, what an awesome time in your lives!! I still can't get over how much you have accomplished as a couple, and individually, whenever I think about those two little youngsters on your wedding day, and the hopes and worries I had for you both. I'm so thankful things are turning out well. Love you Greg and Andi and sweet Eva. (Oh yeah, new baby too!) :)

Julianne said...

CONGRATULATIONS! THat erally sounds like a big deal and it is so nice that you are so happy for him. Looks like the hard work and long weeks away from home is paying off.

You are SO tiny, Andrea! That was a really cute top, by the way...

Jen said...

Congratulations!!!

Tom & Michelle said...

congrats!! Greg you look so handsome in your uniform and Andi I think you look great. Congrats that such a big thing and we are all proud of you.

Mandie said...

Congrats - that's awesome!! Sounds like Greg really deserves a hunting trip, just don't tell Jonathan about it!