Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

So a few posts ago I ask everyone what they thought I was having. Well 7 of you were right. The ultrasound tech said she had no doubt that It's a GIRL! I couldn't stop smiling the whole rest of the time while I was getting my ultrasound. Not that I wouldn't want a boy and I know that Greg would really like a son but I'm just glad Eva will have a sister. Plus now I don't have to change the nursery and I have tons of baby cloths. Greg is happy too, he just said that we'll have to try again to see if we can get a boy. So that was the good part of our day. Now on to the bad part.
That morning Greg, Eva and I were all out in the garage trying to organize stuff when a bike fell over on Eva. I don't really know how she knocked it over but when I lifted it off her she had a big gash right above her right eye! We took her to the Urgent Care and sure enough she need 4 stitches! I felt so awful. I had to lay down on the table with Eva on top of me and hold her body and arms down while one nurse held her legs and the other nurse held her head. Eva screamed and cried and I had to hold back tears myself. Greg watched and tried to comfort Eva, we both felt so bad for her. I felt like the worst mother ever. How could I let this happen to my little girl? I know it was just an accident but I still feel awful. So that was the bad part of the day and here is the ugly.

That is with the 4 stitches. It's pretty sad to look at. Poor little Eva. But she was back to her normal happy self by the time we got home. Greg and I felt so bad the rest to the day that we gave her whatever she wanted.

We even bought her this. Just kidding. We bought her this blow up castle, ball pit the other day just for something fun. She really loves it. She jumps and climbs all over it and the tower in the center is hollow so you can put the balls in it and watch then twisted down and come back out at the bottom. Of course Eva loves that part and tries to stick whatever else will fit down inside.


So that was our crazy day today. I'm so happy that I got my ultrasound and that we will have another daughter this January. I just still feel so bad for poor little Eva. I just can't wait for her eye to heal and then I won't feel so guilty.

14 comments:

Amber said...

Poor little Eva. She looks so cute even with a big gash. Give her a kiss from me. I bet Nathan would love to come and play in her ball pit with her, that looks really fun. And Congrats again on girl #2. Maybe next time we can change it up a little (for me and Greg's sake)!

Rachel B said...

Andi, every kid gets stitches at least once...and now Eva is done! You will probably not have to worry about any more injuries with her, right?

I know that must have been so traumatic for you to have to hold her down. That is the worst feeling in the world. But I am glad that she is okay. She is darling no matter what! And I am so excited that you will have a sweet little sister for Eva! So fun!

Shelli said...

Congratulations!!! I knew it was going to be a little girl. If you ever want to experience a boy, I bet Amber would trade for a day:).
And poor baby girl, that looks sore!! I know she will heal really fast though. Love to you all.

Audrey said...

Congrats, it's a girl!!! I bet Eva will like that.

Poor little girl with her head injury; I bet that was tough for both of you. She looks so happy with her daddy though.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Congrats on the girl!! That is exciting! 2 girls are loads of fun! Anyway sorry about poor Eva's eye! Ouch! I would have felt bad too although it wasn't your fault!! Hope she heals quickly!

Dave said...

Congratulations on another little girl. It will be nice for Eva to have a younger sister.
Poor little Eva's eye, It looks bad but I'm glad it wasn't any worse. She's a tough little girl, remember when she would hold onto Bailey's stuffed toy and he would whip her around trying to get it from her. She would fall and get up laughing. Don't feel bad,kids are going to get hurt, you guys are good parents. Love you.

Mandie said...

Yay, a girl - I'm so happy for you! Greg is really going to be out-numbered now!! I'm so sorry about Eva's stitches, my little brother had to do that too at her age. They had to strap him down with velcro cuz he wouldn't hold still. I'm sure she would rather have you holding her than velcro!

Jonathan said...

"Bike in the garage" that's a good one. I'll keep that in mind if my girl starts throwing down some attitude and needs a dose of "tough love". Just kidding!

I think that is awesome you guys are having a girl. I remember I was going to cast my vote for a girl but then I read Mandie's comment and she said exactly what I would have said without us talking about it.

Congratulations again, I am excited for you guys!

Julianne said...

YAYAYAYAY baby GIRL! Whoohoo, I'm pretty sure that's what I guessed, and I'm so excited! Oh my gosh, January...that's just 3+ months away! WHOOHOO!

OK, owch about Eva! Oh my gosh, I think I would have been hysterical to have to hold her down like you had to. I think some of the things we have to go through as parents are so rough and not fair. But I guess our parents did it for us. But that doesn't make it any easier.

Anyway -- looks like she likes that purple castle thing. Is she just loving her new house with all the space and the wonderful DISHWASHER?? I told Ryan you guys moved and showed him the pictures, and he was so excited for you/jealous! Love love your kitchen, did I already say that?

Tom & Michelle said...

Well congrats on little girl number 2! I knew thats what it was going to be. And poor little Eva!! But like you said its in a good spot so she can just put eye shadow on it so no one will ever see the scar! lol

The Bartschi's said...

oh poor little Eva. How are you feeling and how is the new place? I like the pictures of it, it looks so much bigger then good old Ridge Crest.

The Larsons said...

Congrats on the baby girl!!! Iam so excited! Also..sorry about Eva!! At least she is a tough girl!

Kevin, Kendra, and family said...

Congrat on another girl!!
Don't feel bad about Eva. It is not your fault, accidents happen especially to kids her age. Hang in there!!!

Jen said...

Congratulations on baby girl #2! In February, Karlie had a run in with a snow shovel and sliced her eye open and wound up with a few stitches too, I felt awful! So I know how you're feeling right now! I hope her little eye heals up quickly :)