Wednesday, July 2, 2008

There's no place like home

So after a long 6 weeks our little family is finally back together! I have to say that absents really does make the heart grow fonder. I'm so happy to be back with Greg. I missed him so much, and Eva is already back to being a Daddy's girl. It is so sweet to see them together again. Although it was a long 6 weeks I'm glad that Eva and I got to spend time with my parents and sisters. We really had a lot of fun. So here are a few of the highlights from the trip.

Amber and Nathan came out to visit too. It was fun to have Nathan and Eva together. They are so funny and love to run wild around the house. They had lots of fun swimming, playing with Bailey, and looking at the toad that I caught for them. And yes I picked it up with my bare hands!


It's really sad that my sisters and I are all so far away from one another. But at least we got to spend some time together. Michelle came over a lot and even stayed the night so we could have a good old sleepover. Scary movie included. Amber and I went out to Red lobster without the kids! It was really nice to be able to sit and enjoy our food for once.


One of the best days was my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party. We went all out just like a wedding reception with catered food (Mexican of course) cake, and a mariachi band.
My Grandparents looked amazing I just can't believe that they have been married for so long. What a great accomplishment.


Here are the mariachis serenading them while they ate. It really was a nice party with all our family and friends. It was a great way to end our six week stay.



And here is a picture of Nathan and Eva getting a little tipsy on the sparkling cider. They loved it and just kept asking for more.


To my Mom and Dad. Thanks so much for letting Eva and I stay with you guys for so long. I am so grateful to have such wonderful parents. I hated being away from Greg but you guys made it so much easier on me. And I'm glad Eva got to spend so much time with her grandparents. I love you guys.

5 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Julianne said...

YAY, I'm so glad you have a new post and mostly, that you are HOME with your hubby!! I cannot even imagine 6 weeks apart...you're a stronger woman than me.

Eva is looking like such a pretty girl. Her hair looks almost like it's lightening up and it's so long.

And you look GREAT!

Rachel B said...

Everyone looks beautiful...you and your pretty sisters, your mom, and Eva is looking sooo tan! And how sweet to have such a wonderful anniversary party for your grandparents! I am so glad that your are home and with Greg...did the surprise work out? I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see your face when he was there Sunday. I was a little upset because I felt like I didn't get any pay off for keeping my mouth shut about the whole thing!!! I really was hopeing they would be there when I dropped you off! Oh well, I guess it's not all about me! I love you guys! Welcome home Greg!

Shelli said...

Andi, thank you for posting this, It made me cry, I love you all so much.

Amber said...

Cute pics...except my eyes are closed. That sun was killing me! I wish we lived closer, but it was fun all hanging out. Miss you guys.