Thursday, July 17, 2008

Puke Fest 2008!

Yesterday, let me break it down for ya.
6:30am Eva's awake. (kinda early but no big deal)
7:00am Breakfast (Eva doesn't eat that much, but she is a toddler so....no big deal)
10:30am Go to the zoo with friends (Eva just stays in her stroller but won't eat her snack...no big deal)
12:00pm Lunch at the park (Eva won't eat lunch and is cranky.....she must of just had too much fun today and is tired.....no big deal)
12:30pm Eva is down for a nap (Awww time to relax)
2:30pm Eva is up (time goes by so fast when they nap...no big deal)
3:00pm Eva and I are at the store (why is she giving me that funny look?)
3:01pm Eva is puking all over the floor (VERY, VERY BIG DEAL!)
3:02pm The first thing that goes through my head is WHY?
Needless to say the rest of the day I spent tending to my sick daughter who threw up another 4 times at home. Today she is much better, so I'm lucky that it didn't last that long but of course she would get sick while Greg is gone. For those of you who don't know Greg got a job with a Geological Consulting company so he has to go to the sight and work for 10 days then he comes home for 10 days and so on. The money is great but we or I have to pay the price of dealing with days like this all by myself. Looking back on that morning you would think I would have realized something was up but of course I had to learn the hard way and have her puke in a public place. Talk about embarrassing! I thought I would post a picture of her during happier times. This was when we were in MI and she loved picking the clovers.


7 comments:

Ty and Jenn said...

Poor little Eva! It is so hard when they can't talk well enough to tell you what is hurting. Poor you also! That would be embarassing. Ty & I have had plenty of experiences with Luke projectile puking at the store, luckily we were both there together when it happened and we always had plenty of wipes and burp rags.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh my goodness! Puke at home is bad enough, but in a store!!! YUCK! Glad she is on the mend!! I hope you don't have to deal with that again any time soon! Just tell Greg he owes you like an amazing backrub or something when he gets home :D

The Bartschi's said...

Oh my gosh, I am glad that you didn't start throwing up too. I don't know how you can handle it with being preggers. I am glad that Eva is getting better though.

Rachel B said...

So sorry you had to go through that...Stomach sickness is the very worst! Poor little Eva. I'm glad that you didn't get it! (Or at least I hope you didn't get it...)

At least you kept your sense of humor! It was a very cute post...and I have a great idea...since it sounds like Greg does not need to LIVE in Idaho anymore, there is a house for sale right down my street! Then I could take care of Eva for you all throughout your pregnancy! Doesn't that sound GREAT?!!!

Greg & Andrea said...

That would be so much fun to live right by each other! Greg and I did think about moving to Utah so I could be close to you and Amber....but I think for now we are just going to stay in Idaho. Maybe some day we can all live close together.

Julianne said...

Oh...boo. That sounds horrible, esp. the puking in the store. What did you do? Did you just leave it? Clean it up? Try to find a worker? Was there anyone else in the aisle with you? Darn. Good luck with the 10 days on, 10 days off thing with Greg's jobbie. I hope the 10 days go fast when he's gone and super-slow when he's there!

Greg & Andrea said...

I was at the store where my sister in law works so she saw Eva puke. We just got someone else who worked there and they were really nice and took care of it. Did I mention that she threw up on some of the merchandise too? Lucky for me they didn't make me buy anything.