Monday, July 28, 2008

Dinner and a Show

One thing I'm really going to miss about living at RidgeCrest is the social life. Tonight Greg and I and a few of the neighbors had a cook out and then set up a huge slip'n slide for all the kids to play in. It was so fun! All the adults just sat around and had a good laugh watching all the kids slipping and falling all over the place. I think there were a few great wipe outs that were worthy of America's Funniest Videos. Too bad we didn't think to get the cameras out until later. Eva was not really into going down the slide so I didn't even bother to put her in her swim suit. Then about an hour into it Greg took her out there and as you can see she really started having fun.


The kids really had fun but as the night went on one by one they started coming out of the water shivering. I don't think Eva's lips have ever been that blue. Even though Eva was cold she was the last one out. I guess Daddy just made it so fun that she didn't care that hypothermia was setting in. All the kids really had a good time and it was one of those great summer nights that make you thankful to have beautiful weather, great food, and good friends to share it with.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! That looks so great. Wish we could've been there. That's nice that you guys got out and got people to run around with you. How fun.

How are you feeling??

Greg & Andrea said...

Much better. I think the morning sickness is finally over. It only took 10 weeks. yuck!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

That is one of the things I miss about ridgecrest as well! That looks like fun! I love the video of Eva sliding into the pooled up water!

Rachel B said...

Wow Andi! Where do you get a slip n slide that big? That looks so fun!

Once again I have to comment about how darling Eva is! So cute to see her with her Daddy!

Tom & Michelle said...

Shes is pretty cute but did she say that she loved SAN-FRAN-SIS-CO?

Mandie said...

That looks like so much fun, I wish we had a slip n slide!

The Bartschi's said...

I love the video, Eva was so cute! Have you guys found a place yet?

Amber said...

That looks fun...how come you didn't get in it? :) Cute Cute!

Shelli said...

That little Eva is so cute, and such a good sport. Adorable video!!! It made me laugh out loud.

Ty and Jenn said...

Eva is quite the champ! Always brave to try new things.