Tuesday, December 2, 2008

She is getting so big!

About a month ago I transitioned Eva from her crib to her new room and a twin bed. I was really dreading it but I wanted to have the nursery free for the baby and Eva used to sleeping in a regular bed. I have heard so many horror stories from people about their kids crying for nights, not staying in their beds, coming out of their rooms at all hours of the night etc. So I was really nerves. But to my surprise Eva did GREAT! I had been working on getting the room ready for a few days so Eva was in there with me a lot which I think helped her get used to the room. On day I said it was time for nap and she ran into her new room saying "night, night" so I let her sleep in the twin bed and that was it. She has not wanted to sleep in her crib since. I was completely amazed. She never gets up or out of her room in the middle of the night. And she goes to sleep no problem. I just can't believer how easy that was. So anyways here are some pictures of her new room. I did put a safety rail up just so I know she isn't going to fall out at night.

These pictures are a little fuzzy and I couldn't figure out why, then Greg pointed out to me that there was one of Eva's finger prints right on the lens. It didn't surprise me.

I tried not to spend too much money on her room so I found this dresser at D.I. and painted it myself. Well Greg painted it black and I did the pink parts. I think the pink and black look really cute together.

This is just a picture of Eva from the other day. She was playing in the laundry basket before dinner and decided she didn't want to get out, so we just let her eat in there. I just can't believe how big she is getting. Time is flying by.

10 comments:

Rachel B said...

Andi, that room is gorgeous!!! I love the pink and brown! It looks like a room out of a pottery barn catalouge. Do you hire out?

Ty and Jenn said...

I love her new room. You did a great job. I've tried to get Luke to lay on the twin in his room but he isn't interested in using it yet. He still prefers his crib. Eva really is getting so big.

Julianne said...

The dresser is great! And the room looks really good, too. I'm already dreading the day of moving Sam to a "big boy" bed...but that's a ways off, so I guess we have awhile.

Shelli said...

The room looks so pretty, you always have such and eye for decorating. Eva looks so cute in the laundry basket, how funny!!

Amber said...

Cute room! And I love Eva eating in the laundry basket.

Tom & Michelle said...

The room looks so good! I love the pink and black together. You really do have a great talent for decorating!

The Larsons said...

Eva is getting so big! and by the way was the toilet paper rolls attached to the bed? maybe so she doesn't hit her head? haha Anyway the room looks so cute!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Her room looks so great!! Very classy. The dresser is awesome!! Glad the transition went smoothly for you!

Natalie said...

haha you are so funny! I love the comment you left on my blog. I hid behind my kids so I would look skinnier. BTW I love the dresser you did in Eva's room. I want to know how you did it. I want to paint a dresser like that in the baby's room.

Dave said...

I'm glade Eva is doing so well. She is growing up, before you know it she'll be asking you for the keys to the car. That's when you get nervous and scared. Love you.