Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Eva!

Well Eva's birthday is actually on the 16th but I thought it would be best to celebrate it on a Saturday so family and friends could come. We just had a small little get together and let her open presents and have cake. She had a lot of fun and got some really fun toys. I had to start opening her presents but after she saw me do a few she got the hang of it and wanted to open them herself.

The funnest gift Eva got was from her great Aunt Ruthie (sorry Ruthie I know that makes you sound so old and we all know your not) Anyways.....let me explain that for the past month or so Eva's all time favorite thing to eat is soup. She request it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So when we started asking her what she wanted for her birthday naturally she replied, "soup" everyone thought that was pretty funny so guess what her silly Aunt Ruthie got her? Soup! We all got a good laugh when Eva pulled the cans of soup out of the bag. Thanks Ruthie I'm sure she will be eating it tomorrow.

One fun toy Eva got was from her daddy. It's a tunnel. Eva is constantly asking us to build her forts and tunnels to play in. So now it is nice that we don't have to break out the blankets and chairs for her on a daily bases.

Eva also found out that you can do more than just climb through this tunnel. This is her and Blaise playing peek a boo.


Blaise has been one of Greg's best friends since kindergarten and is a close friend of the family. His wife Devri had to work but Blaise still came to the party and brought Eva a play makeup kit. It's one of Eva's favorite gifts.


Here is Eva putting the pretend lip stick on him. Eva really likes Blaise and didn't want him to leave. So watch out Devri I think Eva has developed a little crush.


After all the presents were opened we sung Happy Birthday and had yummy cake.

Eva tried really hard to blow out the candles on her own but in the end Daddy had to help.

Here is a picture of Eva and her Aunt Annie who left work just so she could be here for the party. Thanks Ann you are such a sweetie.

After cake Eva was very interested in all her new toys. I wanted to get a picture with her but she was so busy she wouldn't stop to look up at the camera. Finally her Uncle Blair yelled out that her cousin Nathan was here and that made Eva look up for a second. Once she realized he wasn't really here she went back to playing.

So it was a nice little party for Eva. Thanks to everyone who came and for all the nice gifts.

I just can't believe that Eva is TWO! I can still remember when she was just a little baby. It's kinda sad how fast they grow but it is also so much fun to see them mature. I took this picture yesterday while Eva was wearing one of Greg's beanies. She really does look more like a little girl than a baby. I just love her so much and I'm so proud of what a cute, sweet, funny little girl she is turning into.


13 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh fun! Happy birthday Eva!

Ty and Jenn said...

What a cute little girl. The big 2. Wish we could have been there to wish her a Happy Birthday!

Rachel B said...

I think it is so important for those kids whose birthdays are so close to Christmas to still have their own very special day. You are a good mom to realize that birthdays are so important. She is a very lucky little girl to have so many people in her life who love her so much! I really need to write all of these birthdays down! She is so cute!

Ryan said...

For some reason, it's been on my mind that Eva would turn 2. Maybe b/c I have been thinking of where we were last Christmas, and it was in the University ward, watching Eva run around the RS room and playing with the hymn books on the cart by the window. What a cute cute girl.

And -- you look sooo great, pregnant lady! I can't wait for Baby Girl Layla to come!!

Ryan said...

Whoops - that is me (Julianne), not Ryan

Jonathan said...

Cute pictures! It looks like everyone had a fun time. I can't wait till my baby girl gets here. I never thought about it but maybe she'll come on the 16th!

Tom & Michelle said...

Happy birthday Eva!!!!!! I cant beleive that she is 2. She was in your belly when I got married, man time really does fly by!!! I love all her gifts it looks like she really made out good. Oh by the way you so dont look like your going to have a baby next month. could you be any smaller??? but you look great.

Dave said...

Eva is so cute. It looks like she had a nice party, I'm just sorry we couldn't be there. Well, I'll be out there at the end of January,after Layla is born and your mom will already be there. So I look forward to seeing you all again, love you, dad.

Amber said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Eva! We wish we really could have walked through the door...that's funny. We were talking to Nathan about Eva today too. I love her crown and earrings, a true little princess!
Love you all!

Mandie said...

Happy Birthday Eva! It looks like you threw a great party for her. It makes me feel better about having our baby in December, any day now...

Shelli said...

I love her princess crown and jewelry, she is so darling, you look so pretty too. I'm sorry we weren't there, but you know our hearts were. We love you all.

Trista said...

Yeah, 2 years old! I loved seeing your little belly in the pictures. You finally look prego...! She's such a pretty girl!

Furniss Family said...

Looks like you guys are doing great and had a fun Christmas. You look so cute pregnant!! When are you sure again, pretty soon isn't it? We had a great, busy Christmas vacation and Josh has started school again already. Only 7 more semesters to go :) Take care of yourself and good luck with the pregnancy. TTYL