Friday, October 3, 2008

One of those days

Yes, it's one of those days when nothing seems to go right and you keep asking yourself, "why me?" It all started with Eva waking up at 6:30. I turn on the t.v. and the satellite wasn't working but it's not searching for a good signal it's just not working at all. Anyone else who has early risers knows how important those morning cartoons are. Now I'm irritated and Greg is gone at drill so he can't help. I decide to put on a video for Eva and as she closes the glass door on our new DVD case the whole door shatters into thousands and thousands of pieces!
Exhibit A.

It took me an hour and a half to clean up all the glass and I sliced my knee in the process. I picked most of the glass up by hand because we have central vac and I wasn't sure what all that glass would do to the hose. To be honest all I know about the central vac is you plug the hose into a cool hole in the wall and like magic it sucks everything up, but where it all goes.....I have no idea. So anyways that's why it took so long to clean up.

Then as I'm getting ready and talking to Michelle on the phone Eva breaks the lid of one of my glass jars that I keep q-tips in. I about lost it. Plus she broke the matching jar that held the cotton balls just the other day. If your wondering how she was in reach of the glass jars I let her stand on a chair and play in the sink while I'm getting ready. She liked to pull all the q-tips out and play with them. Exhibit B.
Q-tips in ears +
Q-tips in nose =
more broken glass

After she broke the first jar I haven't let her play with them but of course today she was faster than me and broke that lid before I could move it.

For lunch I took Eva to McDonald's and on the way home we almost got into an accident. We were stopped in the road with a few cars in front of us and I just happen to glance in my rear view mirror. Here comes a red truck about to hit us! I looked in the turn lane, saw that it's clear, turn my wheel and gunned it to get out of the way. Just then the guy in the truck slams on his brakes and stops before slamming into the car that was in front of me. I have to say that my heart was pounding I mean the thought of getting into an accident with Eva and in the new car makes me sick. I was proud of myself for thinking quickly and getting out of the way. It's amazing all the thoughts that can run through you head in a matter of seconds.

The rest of the day turned out pretty good. I guess it was more of a bad morning than an entire bad day. Thankfully Greg got home early and he played with Eva so I could recover. Exhibit C.


I also thought that since I'm 6 months pregnant that I should post a new picture. I was debating whether or not to even put this picture on. It might be the last bare belly shot. We'll see how I feel next month.

14 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh my gosh what a day!! I am glad nobody got hurt with all your close calls! Just an fyi, if you have cotton ball, it will pick up all the little fine pieces of glass that are impossible to find. I don't know how well it would work on carpet but it is great on hard floors. Anyway glad you are all safe and Greg is home now!

Rachel B said...

Andi, I have been thinking a lot about you today...in fact my post for today was with you in mind...but I am so sorry to hear about your day from hell...that is too much for a pregnant woman to deal with!

I'm glad Greg got home early, and I am glad that you were able to think so quickly when that idiot was driving behind you.

And you look amazing, and I can't believe how beautiful Eva is becoming...well, actually, I can believe it! She is your daughter, after all!

Hope tomorrow is better!

Tom & Michelle said...

Oh poor poor Andi! That really was the day from hell! I just remember hearing Eva breaking the glass jar. I guess you can look back now today and laugh at those things. And Dad will be proud of your quick thinking skills while driving.

Natalie said...

I hate you!j/k lol. Why are so tiny when you are pregnant? I am so jealous. I don't think you want me to post a pic when I am 6 months pregnant. WEll, I am really sorry you had such a crappy day. I am glad we talk all the time. You are the greatest friend!

John and Melanie said...

Oh Man!! Sounds like quite the day. It's always nice to hear that other people have days like that too- But I'm very sorry it had to be you. Hope you're all happy and still not finding glass in your carpet.

Ryan said...

Boo on the day and sooo glad you moved into another traffic lane. Soo glad.

Ryan said...

Whoops. It's me, Julianne.

Rachel B said...

Andi, I just wanted to mention that in a response to several of your comments, I think you are very smart.

The Bartschi's said...

I am so sorry you had a bad day, I know some days don't you feel like calling a family member or friend to see if they want a kid for the afternoon. Good Job at thinking fast to get out of the way of the red truck! Anyway, wholy crap you are so tiny still I look like that at 4 months and that was with my first.

Furniss Family said...

Sounds like a real crazy day, I hate days like that, when everything that could go wrong does. I have a blog now and I hope you see this comment. i'm new at the blog thing, so it will take some time to figure it out. Plus you look great 6 months pregnant, congrats, sounds like when you talked to me about trying in April you were already pregnant, how exciting! Good luck with everything.

Furniss Family said...

I am so glad you have a blog too. That is so awesome you guys have your own place now. It looks darling. So, what kept you in Idaho? Eva is so darling and im so happy you are having another girl!! You look great for 6 moths pregnant. :) Keep in touch.

Ty and Jenn said...

That is insane. I can't believe you made it through the day. You deserve a massage for all that. Those little pre-toddlers are very quick at making disasters.

Amber said...

Sorry the day got worse after we talked....but those pictures of Eva with the Q tips in her nose and ears had me laughing so hard! Yesterday Nathan came up to me and Michelle with a doll house curtain rod hanging out of his nose. Somehow they just know right where to stick those things!

John and Melanie said...

PS I loved reading about your Quirks so much, I tagged you another one! Enjoy (if it takes you 4 months to respond... I'll completely understand!)