Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Eva and I started the festivities off with decorating her pumpkin. Some of you may think I'm I bad mom but I really didn't want to have to clean up the big mess that I new Eva would make if I carved the pumpkin with her so we just colored it. We made it into a cat and she had lots of fun drawing all over it


Once Greg got home we got Eva dressed up in her fairy costume and headed to our ward's trunk or treat and carnival. And yes that is the same costume she wore last Halloween. She was so fat last year I had to buy her a 2T. This year it still fits, it's just a little shorter. I guess another reason I may be considered a bad mom. Well maybe not a bad mom but just lazy. In my defense I am pregnant and very tired. Anyways Eva can be something new next year.


Greg and I walked around with Eva so she could get some candy. It was really cute watching her say "trick or treat" and "thank you" to everyone. She also had to wear her sun glasses because Daddy was wearing his.



This is Eva and her little friend Rachel. Don't they look so cute together? I was a little bummed because Eva is starting her terrible twos a couple months early and had a few tantrums before we even left the house so her hair isn't as cute as I wanted it to be. At least she was happy for this picture. Probably because she got to start in on her candy.

After the trunk or treat we went inside to the carnival. Eva was a little young for all the games so we didn't stay too long.


Before we left the sugar started to kick in and Eva was having fun dancing. She got a little shy when she noticed some people watching her and ran or danced her way over to the comfort of Daddy.



Halloween is so much fun again now that we have a child to celebrate it with. I just can't wait until next year. I'm sure it's just going to get better and better.

13 comments:

Shelli said...

She is so adorable, that dancing cracked me up. And you are definetly just a HORRIBLE MOTHER!!
Yeah, right. I love you, and you look pretty in the picture holding Eva. It looks like you all had a good night. Wish I could of been there.

Julianne said...

Ha! Her "dancing" is hilarious!

I love her fairy costume! She is just a doll. And by the way, I am so all about coloring the pumpkin instead of scooping out all the gunk. We considered carving pumpkins last night but having to do all the work, I talked myself right out of it. And I'm not pregnant.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Very cute! I love her little costume. I think it is great if costumes fit 2 years in a row. I am guilty of that too!

The Bartschi's said...

She looks so cute!! You are not a bad Mom if I were expecting I would do the same thing that you did! I loved her dancing!! We ended up carving pumpkins but Tati wouldn't do anything because she didn't want to get the "gunk" on her hands.

Tyson and Tahnee said...

It looks like eva had a fun time trick or treating. Eva is adorable!

Amber said...

I love her dancing...I guess she gets her moves from her mom. :) She's a darling little fairy!

ashycam said...

What a sweet little fairy. She is a cutie.

Natalie said...

So cute. She dances like russell. We didn't even get pumkins this year, so I am all for not carving pumpkins and just coloring them. TTYL

Tom & Michelle said...

she looks really cute, and i laughed at her dancing. she is just so cute and getting so big! And i agree with mom that you look very very pretty in that picture!

Rachel B said...

I love the fairy costume. So pretty. I have heard of the trunk or treat thing. Sounds like a lot of fun. And you are right about Holidays with Children. That is really what life is all about! You are very wise to realize how good it is when our kids are young. And I LOVE the pumpkin Kitty! Just as good as a carving, and a lot less messy! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the idea of coloring the pumpkin...we will have to try that next year.

Dave said...

What a cute little grandbaby, she sure looks like she had fun. You guys are doing a fine job. Don't be so hard on yourself, Not the momma. Remember where that's from. Love you guys.

John and Melanie said...

I can't believe she wore a 2T last year. I forgot how chubby she was!! She's just adorable. I still need to post Halloween pics. PS What are your plans for Christmas. Hope we can see you guys.