Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mr. Fix It.

Since all I did was complain in my last post I decide I should write about good things in my life. Like my husband. I am soooo thankful for him. I feel very lucky to have him in my life, he is such a good father and partner. Maybe one of the reasons we get along so well is because he is gone so much? So then when he is home we really appreciate each other. Absents does make the heart grow fonder. We rarely ever fight and can always make each other laugh. He really is my best friend. OK I can just see some of you sticking you fingers down your throat and making the gag me face so I'll stop with all the mushy stuff.

I really wanted to right about how Greg is so handy. Anything that needs to be fixed he is always ready and willing to do it himself. Which ends up always saving us money. For example 3 different windows on the jeep have broken at one time or another. Well not the actual window but the motor that makes them roll up and down. One broke while he was gone last summer and I think it was around $600 to get fixed. When the other 2 broke Greg just took the door apart and fixed it himself. Then it only cost $260 for the part which is still a lot but better than $600 right? He has fixed other things but the most resent was our dryer. Just last week it stopped drying the clothes. The washer and dryer are like 14 years old so I wasn't too surprised that one broke down but we are not ready to buy new ones so I asked Greg to take a look at it. He just totally amazed me. He took out the heating element (how he knew where or what that was I have no idea) and replaced it with a new one and to quote Eva "TaDa" it was fixed. Now the dryer works better now then it did before. I was just so thankful that Greg was able to fix it and it only cost $25.00! You just can't beat that. I am just really lucky to have a husband that is so handy.
Greg got to work from home for a few days so here is a picture of him on the computer with Eva coloring next to him. She wanted to be like Daddy and sit at the table. They were both just so busy.



13 comments:

Emily Vickery said...

Greg really is such a good person. He helped us move our stuff that one time over to our new apartment and was so very nice about it. I'm glad you guys get a long so well; Eva probably appreciates that so much, even though she can't tell you yet! Anyway, glad he is home safe and that you guys can be a happy family again!

ashycam said...

It is so great great when you have someone that knows how to fix most anything. My father-in-law is that way and Lorne is learning. It is so cool to see eva with her daddy. She must really him. I know my girls have a hard time when their daddy is gone.

Ty and Jenn said...

Does that mean I can call Greg the next time something breaks at my house? J/k Ty does pretty good but there are some things that are out of his league and then we have to take it to the professionals.

Rachel B said...

Such a cute picture of Greg and Eva.

And, yes, it is definately good to have a man who knows how to fix things!

Jonathan said...

That's great that Greg is fixing stuff, as he should, but the rumor I heard was that he went to Alaska and shot a very large mammal. Seriously where are those pictures?

Greg & Andrea said...

I keep telling Greg to do his own post to show everyone the pictures. He said he will soon but I'll tell him you said to hurry up. :)

Tom & Michelle said...

That is a really good cute picture of the both of them. Eva looks alot like you in those pictures.

It is really nice to have a husband who knoes how to fix things it just makes life easier.

Mandie said...

I love the pictures of Eva and Greg working next to each other - so cute! I totally think that there's something to our husband's being gone that makes us get along better. You just appreciate the time a lot more. And I am also always impressed when Jonathan fixes stuff - like the closet door yesterday. I thought we were going to have to call the landlord!

Ryan and Julianne said...

Whoohoo on $25 to fix the dryer! That is really soo wonderful.

Natalie said...

Ok Andrea you don't have to brag that Greg is so handy-just rub it in, why don't ya. After I just got done telling you the other day about how unhandy Brad is...hahah. lol. maybe I could hire Greg to fix things around our house and than it would give you a reason to come to Wyoming and visit me.

Shelli said...

Good job Greg!!! I'm glad the dryer is working better than ever now, and just say how much I love to see pictures of Greg and Eva together. She really does look busy coloring so intently. What a big girl. Give her a kiss and hug for me.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Wow that is nifty!! Sounds like a keeper ;)

Amber said...

Sounds like it's time for a new washer and dryer.....:) but it's good that Greg can keep those going for you.