Sunday, October 31, 2010

Knocked Up......Again!

Yes everyone it's true. I am 15 weeks (4 months) pregnant! And yes this was planed. When I first found out Greg was going to Iraq I thought, "Well there goes our plan of having all our kids 2 years apart. I can't have a baby while he is gone." But as Greg and I talked more about it we thought, "why can't I? Lots of army wives do it and it's fine." So we decided to go ahead and try right before he left and sure enough here I am pregnant again. I have to say that because of our situation I was a little hesitant to start telling people. I mean I am so excited but I was worried what others might say. I just wanted everyone to be happy for me and not give me any negativity. I did have a few people say things like "You're crazy" or "I don't think you realize what you are getting yourself into." Which of course is not the response you are expecting to hear when you tell your great news. But I have decided that I won't let those kind of remarks get me down. Greg and I are thrilled and that's all that matters. And really everyone else has been nice and excited for me. So my c-section is scheduled for April 16th. Hopefully Greg will be able to take leave during that time but we won't know about that for a while still. And to make it a little more fun we decided to not find out the sex of the baby! I'm pretty sure it will just be another girl so I'm not too worried about it, but if it turns out to be a boy I'm going to be doing a lot of shopping once I get out of the hospital. So that's the big news around here, another little Gochnour is on the way :)
And this is my 15 week baby bump. I know it's small but it's there and in no time it will be a lot bigger.


9 comments:

Tom & Michelle said...

So pretty much your 15 week baby bump looks a lot like my 0 week normal belly. lol great......

Shelli said...

Again...Congrats and best wishes for you all.

Rachel B said...

Just saw the news on facebook...and that is the cutest little tummy I have ever seen!

Mandie said...

Congrats, yay! We are excited for you. I thought about you a lot while Jonathan was gone the last 3 months. You are a lot tougher than I am and I know you are going to do just fine!

Ty and Jenn said...

I truly am excited for you! I'm even more excited that you won't be finding out the sex. Ty and I are considering doing that with the next child since we already have one of each (but who knows when that will ever be). You really are a brave person and I'm glad you've got great friends to help and support you while Greg is gone. I know your sweet little girls will be a great help once Baby #3 arrives.

Amy said...

Congrats!! That is very exciting news!

Valerie said...

Congrats to you Andrea. I think that you are a smart girl, to say that even though your husband is in another country you are not going to let that stop you from planning your family the way you want to plan it. Too many people put their dreams, and goals on hold for much smaller reasons than that. I think that you are amazing for just going for it, and for that matter I think for me at least, it would give me something to keep my mind occupied if Lee were gone. You have your own mission, to get through your pregnancy and keep being an awesome Mom to your little girls. And i would say that if anyone can do it, and look glamorous and completely put together why doing so, its you! :) You are an amazing girl.

Julianne said...

OK, so I'm very behind on the times, but CONGRATULATIONS! I'm really excited for you guys. We are also expecting (can't remember if I told you that...?), due March 16. Here's the difference: I was as small as you are at 15 weeks when I was about 2 weeks pregnant. I am now about quadruple the size of you. Booo.

I vote another girl. And I hope you're feeling well.

Julianne said...

PS, I'd be happy to invite you to my bloggie blog! (not that it's oh so thrilling or anything). Send me an email at tulaneclay05@gmail.com and I'll send you one.