Monday, February 22, 2010

We Belong Together


Greg has been gone for 2 weeks in Boise doing......whatever military men do when they have to leave their families. He just got back last night and I was so happy to have him home! As most of you know Greg has had to leave me for long periods of time throughout our 6 years of marriage but this time it hit me the hardest. It had nothing to do with my kids, actually my girls are really good. Eva has her tantrums every now and again but for the most part I feel they are good girls and taking care of them is fairly easy. I feel that I am good at juggling house work, time with my kids, play dates and time for myself. So I guess what made this so hard was the thought I had come into to my head everyday....."This is how it's going to be when Greg is gone for a whole year." Yes he is going to be leaving in September, to Iraq, for one long year. And really it's not the single mom aspect that really bothers me. I feel that I am a very organized person and I will be fine to do it all by myself. I think what I realized will be the hardest is just how much I will miss him. We are a team and he is my best friend. Not to mention the thought that the unthinkable could happen. I won't talk about it. I can't. It's getting to be too real and in my mind he WILL be home after a year. Of course we still have some time together before he leaves. September is a little ways away but this time apart has just made me dwell on it a little more. It will be hard to have him gone for so long. I will miss him, the girls will miss him. He is the man in our lives, our protector and joke teller, our mix fix it, and the love in our lives. Yes it will be difficult to have him gone because....we just belong together.


I think he will miss me too.

6 comments:

Julianne said...

A YEAR?? Oh my. I can hardly even know what to say. Oh Andrea, I'm so sorry. A year. Will you be in Poky the whole time (minus visits with family)?

A good husband is a good thing, isn't it. I'm so glad Greg is such a good person for and with you. You guys make a terrific team.

Amber said...

Awwww....tears from one of the non cryers over blogs in our fam. You guys are meant for eachother. I know it's going to be really, really hard and lonely. Get the bunkbeds and we'll be there whenever you need us. Love you both.

Shauna said...

So sweet...I can't imagine how hard it will be, but I think you are the kind of person that will handle it beautifully!

Don't worry about not knowing my birthday...I just forget to mention it sometimes! Besides, we're having a birthday dinner tomorrow!

Rachel B said...

Love you Andi

Furniss Family said...

It just breaks my heart that he will be gone for a whole year. You are such a strong woman, and I admire you so much :) It must be hard knowing that your best friend will be gone for so long. Hopefully the time will go by fast and you will be so busy that he will be back before you know it! If you ever need someone to talk too, call me anytime :)
208-760-9713.

Shelli said...

I know it will be tough...but you and Greg will be supported and comforted by not only family and friends but by the one who can comfort, protect and heal us the most. You will both get through it, and you know we are here to help and support you both however we can. We love you and Greg.