Sunday, February 14, 2010

How much weight can I carry?

Just thought I should share with everyone how I have been cleaning my house for the past year. And I don't mean just loading the dishwasher or something simple like that. I mean every Saturday doing the bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, moping and going up and the stairs with laundry. I remember this summer when Layla was around 5 months old I was starting to think, "I don't know how much longer I can do all this with her on my back." Now she is almost 13 months and weighs 24 pounds! Yet I continue to carry her around like this because it keeps her happy and out of my way. Plus it's really cute when I'm cleaning the bathroom sinks and I hear her talking and laughing only to look up and see her waving to herself in the mirror. So how much weight can I carry? I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

7 comments:

Tom & Michelle said...

I think you sill carry her to kindergarden that way.lol


And by the way your so pretty I still hate you:)

The Larsons said...

Andrea, you look so tiny with her on your back! ..I would love to see you kneeling down trying to clean the toilet..I have a hard time as it is WITHOUT 24lbs on my back..your such a trooper! Iam thinking at 30lbs your little back might give out..

Rachel B said...

Love the line about her looking in the mirror and laughing at herself. So sweet.

Becky said...

ok woman,

You are CRAZY!!! I can't believe that that is how you clean!! You are such a trooper. On the other hand, it is amazing the things that we will do just so we can clean a little house and keep our kids happy!!

Shelli said...

I can totally relate.... isn't it amazing how well you can balance that little one when you are bending over to clean the tub, they don't fall out!!! You are such a cutie!

Melanie said...

no wonder you're so skinny!! maybe i should try that instead of the gym :-)

Amber said...

Cute, cute. There's no way I could do that. Ryan would leap out of the backpack and scream. Whatever works. :)