Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Hit!

Well Aunt Rachel you are two for two now. The first book you got Eva (Pinkalicious) was such a good book and we both enjoyed reading it often. Now this cook book is a hit too! I mean what little girl wouldn't love a Princess recipe book? All the meals have fun Disney themed names like "Fairy Godmother Wands" for the french toast sticks etc. I thought I would share with all of you some of the things we have made.
First is Castle Calzones ( as in the Beast's Castle)
It is pizza dough folded over with ham, cheese and veggies cooked into it. It was pretty good and a really good kid and husband friendly meal.

Next and one of me and Eva's favorites is the Get Your Work Done Smoothies. (picture is of Cinderella's Stepmother)

I think Eva mostly liked using the blender.

But the smoothies tasted really good too. It had bananas, strawberries, blackberries, vanilla yogurt and milk. A really good, healthy snack.

Last is the I'm Soooo Sleepy Soup. (with a picture of Sleepy from Snow White)


It is Chicken noodle soup made with elbow macaroni. It has the usual chicken and veggies but it is easy to make and other hit with Greg and the girls.


So thank you Aunt Rachel for such a fun cook book. Eva and I are having lots of fun making all these Disney themed meals. My goal this week is to make the Sandy Scoops (sandy as in a sandy beach like in little Mermaid, cute right?) It's cinnamon tortillas with applesauce as dip. Sounds yummy to me. :)

7 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun! Can we come over and eat at your house? ;)

Rachel B said...

awwwww!!!! I just love that little girl. Too bad she has no idea who I am! I especially love the smoothie picture with her Mommie!!!! She is going to be the next big cooking sensation! Love you both!!!

Natalie said...

That is the best book. Maybe I will get Callie that book. You are such a great mom! I have tried to let my kids help me in the kitchen and it is an awful experience.

The Bartschi's said...

That looks like so much fun I am going to have to go buy that book now!!

Tom & Michelle said...

That is so cute!!! I want one!! Lol and that picture of you and Eva is so cute... Like motherlike daughter.

Shelli said...

I think I would like those recipes, they look good, quick and easy. How fun, and how sweet of Rachel to send you that book.

Amber said...

Cute, love the smoothly pic. too! Aunt Rachel got me one of those cute books too, I just have been too lazy to get around to making things from it. Now you inspired me, maybe this week.