Sunday, May 24, 2009

PINKALICIOUS

Well I can't remember who gave Eva this book for Christmas, I think it was either my Mom or my Aunt Rachel....anyways it has become Eva's favorite bedtime book. Every night I say, "what book do you want me to read you?" Eva always replies, "PINKALICIOUS!" It's a really cute story about a little girl that makes PINK cupcakes with her mom and eats so many of them that she turns PINK. I think that is Eva's dream, she just loves anything PINK. So I figured Eva would like to make some PINK cupcakes too. As you can tell she couldn't resist and started eating the mix when it was still in powder form.

And of course I had to let her lick the beaters, isn't that the best part? And I love Layla in the background falling out of her bouncer.
Layla: "Hello.....somebody help me over here."
Eva: "Not now you little baby. I'm licking a beater."

After that I put Layla to bed so Eva and I could finish our cupcakes. Poor Layla she has to miss out on all the fun right now. Although if I could I would crawl into her crib with her and take a nap. Oh a nap sounds so good right now.


So back to the cupcakes. Eva wasn't really interested in frosting them. I did one and she decided she would rather eat it then help with the rest. But that's okay, I think she would of made a big mess with all that PINK frosting.

Luckily Eva wasn't disappointed that she didn't turn PINK after eating her cupcake. Although I think it would be kinda fun to have Eva be PINK for a day. To have "PINKTAILS" instead of pigtails, to wear a PINK dress and a PINK crown and twirl around in all her PINK glory. Yes life really would be PINKALICIOUS.

9 comments:

Ryan and Julianne said...

I love it! You really should have a PINKALICIOUS day! She would just be so excited. You could totally plan on it, like, "Eva, let's have a Pinkalicious Day on Saturday..." and she would have so much fun anticipating! Ah! How terrific!

I also laughed out loud at the commentary of poor Baby Layla falling out of her chair, and Eva saying, "Not now you little baby." Ha! Layla is a really really pretty baby.

Speaking of pink cupcakes...I saw the most ridiculous looking recipe for homemade strawberry cupcakes...I was about ready to run out and buy all the ingredients right then, and then realized Ryan had the car. Oh dear. Here's the link to the recipe:

http://conversationswithacupcake.blogspot.com/2009/05/split-personality.html

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

My girls love that book too!! What a fun mommy, making pink cupcakes! Very cute post!

Rachel B said...

Yes...it was me!!!!!!!!! Don't anyone forget the Aunt Rachel gave Eva her favorite book!!!! And Andi, how can your kitchen look so clean while you are making cupcakes??? I have frosting, dishes and cake mix everywhere when I bake. And I love the pink music too. So cute. We miss you! I hope that when you do settle somewhere for good that it is in UTAH with us! Love you! And love those Darling girls too!

Ty and Jenn said...

Too cute! I can totally understand how the second child gets left out. I've been babysitting my neighbors 2-month old for the past 3 weeks and sometimes he just has to sit in the port-a-crib so I can do activities with Luke.

The Larsons said...

Andrea you are so cute of a Mom! I bet Eva LOVED IT! I mean I would love it..so just have a great Pinkalicious day! Your apartment is cute by the way..well at least in the background!

Tom & Michelle said...

Andi your so cute! This post made me miss you. I love the comment about Layla "hello someone help me here". And she looks so pretty sleeping there. AHHHH I just loved the whole thing.

"Mommy said I'm kinda pink...."

Amber said...

Yum, is it bad that I'm ready to go and make some cupcakes right now? :) Those little girls are so cute and I love the pic of Layla sleeping. Precious.

Shelli said...

Andi what a darling post!! You are so creative with your writing...how fun to make pink cupcakes. You are such a good mommie!!

Kendall and Melissa said...

That is too cute! What a fun mom you are!