Thursday, May 7, 2009

He's Back.........

And we're off to Oklahoma!
Greg got home about 2 weeks ago and I can not tell you how happy I have been. He really completes our little family and I feel we are whole once again. Although it has been so nice to have him back it's been pretty chaotic around here. Greg was home for about a week before we left for Oklahoma. We will be here for about 4 months while Greg finishes up more army training. Since we are only going to be gone for a while it was such a pain to pack. We had to put half our stuff in storage and rest came with us. It was sad to leave our nice townhouse. I knew that our apartment in Oklahoma wouldn't be nearly as nice. So goodbye big spacious master bedroom and bath, goodbye granite counter tops and double door fridge, goodbye garage and fire place. Sniff, Sniff.

We gave ourselves 3 days to get out here so we could break up the 18 hour trip. Surprisingly the girls did really well. Layla was a little angel the whole time and Eva only had a few moments of well.......being Eva. It went much better than I had anticipated but I didn't take any pictures during the long car ride. At the time that was the furthest thing from my mind. But I snapped a picture of Eva one night in one of our hotels. After a long day of driving it was nice to get to spread out and sleep in a big soft bed.


Once we got to our new apartment I had mixed feelings about it. They are pretty nice and not even a year old yet. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath. But you have two flights of stars. One set as soon as you enter, which takes you to the main living area, then another set of stars that takes you to the bedrooms and bathrooms. So packing in all our stuff was hard. Luckily Greg's Dad and one of his friend came out with us which was really nice. I don't think we could have unloaded everything without the extra man power. So thank you Dan. This is what the outside looks like. I made Eva stand in front and yes I know she's not wearing any pants, again. I can't keep pants on her now that she is potty trained when we are in the house. But you have to pick your battles right?



After a few days we had everything unpacked and I even decorated a little. It really helps make a new place feel like home when you have nice things to look at. And here is Greg and Layla. Or the "twins" as I call them sometimes. They even have the same hair cut right now :)


So we made it here and are ready to start the summer in Oklahoma. But after a long week of traveling and moving in I think we all felt like doing this.

Now if they just made baby swings big enough for me and Greg we would be all set.

10 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I didn't know you guys were moving. Glad you got there safe and sound. Cute pics and I hope you have a fun summer in Oklahoma!

Tom & Michelle said...

I like this post. It made me smile and feel happy. Im so glad that Greg is back home with you!!! Yeah some help!!! And already that wall of yours behind Greg and Layla looks like something out of a magazine. Geeze Andi I think I do a good job then I look at your house and go waaa waaa.... :)

Tyson and Tahnee said...

I'm glad you made it safe. Have a good summer. We will have to get together when you get back. Take care!

Ryan and Julianne said...

Ha! I laughed at your last line "If only they made baby swings big enough" for you and Greg. Congrats on the move to Oklahoma -- WHAT A PAIN! Blah! I didn't know you guys were moving there. But YEAH for Greg being home -- now you're all together again. Are you going to move back to your townhouse in Poky after the 4 months?

Good luck with your new place. Your girls are so cute. Eva looks so big. We remember her toddling around in the back of the RS room, munching on some sort of snack and playing with the hymn book on the rack. That little Layla looks like she's getting some chub, and she looks like such a pretty girl. Nice work on those two!

Shelli said...

Andi I can't believe how quickly you get organized and have everything looking like something out of a magazine!! That comment about the twins made me laugh. I am so glad Greg is back home with you. I hope you have a good experience in Oaklahoma, and I look forward to coming out to visit!! Love to you all.

Rachel B said...

Andi, your new apartment looks cuter than my house! You can make anywhere look good! And Layla is getting so big! You are amazing, and I am so happy that you are all together now.

Rachel B said...

Oh, and I love the new picture of you and Greg. Beautiful as always!

Amber said...

Cute, Cute. I'm glad you guys are settled and Greg is there to help. I love your new blog heading, you look gorgeous, and I love the twins picture, and Eva too (can't leave her out)!

Natalie said...

You over-achiever! Your apartment in OK already looks great and decorated. Layla does look alot like Greg. She is so cute! You look great, too! I love the hair cut. Have fun in OK, I know that I miss it at times!

Kendall and Melissa said...

That looks like a really nice place! And if you have 2 bathrooms, then that is a super great plus! Especially with a potty trainer!! haha.