Sunday, May 17, 2009

Oklahoma City

Well I'm trying to get adjusted to my new home and I'm finding it a little difficult. We only brought one of our cars out here and I'm realizing that was a BIG mistake. It's such a pain to have to share one car and I end up feeling trapped a lot when Greg is gone. I just keep telling myself, "this is only temporary, soon you will be back to normal life with your friends, family and car" but for now i just have to deal with it. So to do something fun Greg and I decided to go to Oklahoma City for the weekend. It was so much fun and it was just what I needed to get OUT! So Friday we went to the Zoo. It was really hot but fun.

I love all the beautiful cats. Although because of the heat they mostly just laid around.

We also saw lots of fish. This was a fresh water tank which really grossed me out because the fish were so big. It was creepy to think those are the kinda fish that were in the lakes I swam in as a kid.


Crikey! Look at the size of those gators!


This cat was cool. She kept coming right up to the glass so Eva could get a really good look at her.
I think one of Eva's favorite was the hippo. If anyone has seen Madagascar 2. You will know what I'm talking about when I tell you Eva thinks that hippo's say "Moto, Moto" and that the Giraffes say " like you love a good book....or the beach, or a good book". It was pretty funny.

After the Zoo we went back to our hotel and went swimming. It felt so good to cool off and Eva just can't get enough of playing in the water.

The next day we went to the Science Museum which was really cool. We went to the Imax theater first and then into the museum. There was lots of fun things for the kids to do. This is the tree house area, Eva liked it until she went down this huge twirly slide and got smashed by some other kids on the way down.


So then she swung on the swing for a while. I guess she thought she would be safer with just her daddy.

Here is Greg drilling for oil!


And here I am right in my element! The Might Mouth! OK students can you guess the name of the tooth I'm leaning up against?


They also had a toddler area with a water table, face painting, bubbles and other fun stuff. I took advantage of the big rocking chairs.


The only other bad incident we had was when we went into the maze of mirrors. It was confusing for even me and Greg but we thought it would be funny to see Eva try to get through it on her own. It took about 30 seconds before she ran straight into one of the mirrors! It left a welt on her cheek and she cried pretty hard. But after a good snuggle with mommy she was OK. So it was a pretty good trip and I'm glad we got to do something fun as a family.


And I know this summer will fly by and then it will back to more of a normal life. And I really shouldn't complain at least Greg and I are together and that is better than anything else.

8 comments:

Rachel B said...

What a super fun mini vacation! Who knew Oklahoma City could be so fun! I think I want to go there now too! But the real truth of the matter is that you really can have a blast no matter where you are if you are with ones that you love! Glad you are all together and could make some fun memories together!

Tom & Michelle said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! Im glad that you were able to go and have fun. Those are cute pictures.

Ty and Jenn said...

I feel your pain with the whole one car deal. Ty and I went 5 years on one car and how we did it I'm not sure but it is nice to have two now. I am glad you were able to take a little family vacation. It looks like a fun place.

Tyson and Tahnee said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Im guessing 1st molar on the tooth.

The Larsons said...

It sounds like you guys are having fun!! We miss you guys and can't wait until you are back in Poky! Hope your Having fun this summmer!

Shelli said...

I'm glad you got to go to Oaklahoma city, now when we come you can show us the ropes. I can't wait. You are such an adorable family, and the mirror maze story is funny, I can just imagine poor little Eva :(... ouch!!

Amber said...

I love Laylas little face in the zoo cutout picture. Cute kids, fun trip. I know it's tuff right now, but with all you've dealt with, it's cake. You got it girl! Oh and the motomoto comment made me laugh..."I like em big and I like em chunky." :)

Kendall and Melissa said...

I can't believe how big your baby is getting already!! Crazy!! I guess I've been out of "real life" since Kendall has been home all the time. But that looks like a super fun vacation!!