Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Can Sew!

We are taking pictures with Greg's family this coming Sunday and I wanted my girls in matching pillowcase dresses. I have seen this style of dress on Etsy but some are pretty pricey and I was worried they wouldn't get shipped in time. So a friend of mine suggested I just make them myself and that is exactly what I did. Mind you I have never sewn before besides one blanket and I have never even used my sewing machine. luckily Greg has grown up with a mother that sewed a lot so he was able to teach me how to use my sewing machine and he helped a little with the measuring on the first dress. I am really pleased with the way they turned out and proud of myself for doing something so crafty :) So these are the dresses.


Pretty cute right?





So should I start taking orders? lol

7 comments:

Rachel B said...

Soooo cute! I am wayyy impressed!

Shauna said...

They are cute, I am very impressed at your sewing abilities! You can take my order :)

Tom & Michelle said...

very very cute!!!!! Way to go now you can sew lots more things for the girls now :)

Natalie said...

So Cute....you are amazing and talented. If you want to sew Callie one, I won't object..hahaha.

I want to see a picture of your orange hair. We are twins. I colored my hair the other day and it turned orange.

Amber said...

Very cute. I want one for my imaginary little girl.

Julianne said...

Andrea! OK, somehow your blog got deleted off mine, and so, here I am, months later, to return to say hello. Those little dresses are ADORABLE! Congrats on making those...I can barely even sew a pillowcase seam straight (my last sewing project, a year ago), so I'm impressed with the dresses.

OK...well...it looks like you guys are doing well. We are too...in fact, I'm pregnant with #2! Due in March!

Amy Smith said...

I'm just a harmless blog stalker and I was wondering where you bought your bedroom furniture from? If you can just send me an email to torynsmith@gmail.com; I've been looking for a while and really like this set! THank you!