Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Love To Decorate

I love shopping in the vintage stores that are here in Pocatello. I can almost always seem to find what I am looking for and at a great price. Lately I have been searching and searching for end tables for my living room. And finally I found them. I was at this store appropriately called Vain and Vintage when I came across two white end tables. I got them for $25.00 a piece which is such a great price for study hard wood. Once i brought them home I painted them black and presto....they match my living room perfectly. :)




I also bought pillows for my couch and love seat to help tie in the tan and Burgundy accents that are throughout the room.


And this is the shelf I found at a garage sale for 5 dollars. It was brown so I painted it black and got some new frames to display some of our new family pictures.


Now as silly as this may sound to most of you I also decorated and organized my closet. It's huge and I just felt that I would feel so much better if when Greg and I walked into it everything was in order and looked nice, instead of purses everywhere, shoes on the floor etc. Plus I thought it would be nice if it coordinated with all the blacks and tans that are in my bedroom. So first I got a new desk that I use as my vanity. Again it was from a vintage shop. It was $25.00 and all I did was paint it black.


Some more decorating on the window in my closet.


And lastly I got baskets to keep all my purses in, a new hanging shoe rack and wooden hangers for all our clothes. Well I have all my clothes on wooden hangers and I'm still working on Greg's side of the closet but I don't think he is too worried about it.

So there we have it. Did I mention I love to decorate?

5 comments:

Amber said...

Your house always looks so cute. I love the closet. The shelf it cute too, I don't remember it from last time.

The Larsons said...

Okay...NOW you can come to my apartment. Your house is too cute...mine needs some help. You are just Martha Stewart-I love it!

Tom & Michelle said...

So basically I just start to feel good about how my hobbit hole is looking then I see your house and think wow mine looks like shiz!!! lol No really Andi you have such a talent for that!!! I love it all,

Natalie said...

you are amazing. Can you come and decorate my house?

Furniss Family said...

Looks great Andrea, you got some real talent with that stuff! You always seem to put things together to make it look darling :) Hope you are doing good and your little family. Take care lady.