Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Little Layla

I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Eva will be 3 next month and my little Layla will be 10 months at the end of this week. I feel like I have neglected to put any updates on the blog about Layla and all her little accomplishments so I thought I better do it now. At 6 months old Layla got her bottom two teeth and now at 9 months she has 8 total. Yes she is a little chomper when it comes to nursing Ouch! She started saying Da Da at about 8 months and now says Momma too. She started crawling a 8 months and at 9 months pulls herself to standing and can also stand alone for a few seconds before falling over.


Layla is a tender heart as we have come to call her. She is very sweet and gets her feelings hurt easily. She is also a very laid back baby which is such a nice change for me. Eva has always been such a handful that Layla is a piece of cake. Although Layla is so sweet she makes the funniest faces. We call it her "mean baby" face. She makes them all the time, at us and strangers and it always makes us laugh. Here is an example of the face. Pretty mean right?

I love little Layla so much and she is such a joy to have in our family. Her and Eva get along really well and they both keep me on my toes but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love both my sweet little girls.

Speaking of Eva I can't leave her out. She is just as silly as ever and is so smart. I know all parents say that about their kids but she is. Here is a little video clip of Eva saying her months. She learned them over the summer at about 2 1/2.


10 comments:

Rachel B said...

LOVE the mean baby face! So cute Andi. I wish I knew your sweet girls better. But I so appreciate being able to keep up with them on your blog. Love you all!!!

Julianne said...

Um, hello, your children are the cutest girls on the planet. That little baby Layla, all huge smiley saying DaDa! What a doll! Your girls are such pretty, sweet little people. It's fun to see Eva growing up and being such a smartie pants.

Shelli said...

Ohh, I love this post, Layla truly is a tenderheart, and Eva is so smart and so sweet too. Thankyou for posting this. I love them so much. Can't wait to see you in two weeks!

Mandie said...

Wow, Layla is showing Makaya up! She's about a month ahead I think. She'll have to teach Makaya how to walk when they see each other next month, because she'll probably be walking by then. Cute cute girls!

Tom & Michelle said...

I think that should be laylas new Indian name. Tenderheart and Evas can be drinker of Juice.... Anyway they both are so sweet and precious. I love them. :) June july.....

Greg & Andrea said...

Michelle that is so funny. Yes Eva's name would be drinker of juice. HaHa

Lee and Valerie Gunther said...

They are so adorable! I love that they are friends, it is so cute. I want to have a boy next so that Jack can experience that bond with a brother. Oh and the big hair bow on Layla is adorable, you always dress them so cute!!!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh Layla is so cute! It makes me miss having a baby around. Eva is a smarty pants!

Jen said...

I love the mean baby face!!!

Amber said...

Okay first of all I could eat up tenderheart she's so cute with her little Dada voice. And Drinker of juice is a big showoff...:)haha love them both!