Sunday, March 15, 2009

What we've been up to

Well Greg has only been gone for 12 days but it seems like forever. Things were going really well at first with just me and the kids. I was very busy but I felt like for the most part I was handling everything just fine. Although the past few days have been challenging to put it nicely. Eva is giving me a crash course in the terrible twos and shows no mercy. I love her to death but man, I had no idea of what she is capable of. It's like as soon as I sit down to nurse is when she decides to grind chips into the carpet, or tries to sit in Layla's bassinet or locks us both out of my bedroom which resulted in me learning how to pick a lock, the list just goes on. The other day was really bad when for no reason she pees all over the love seat. I was shocked to say the least. Eva has been doing great with potty training (goes on her own with out me reminding her) but I guess she just wanted my attention very badly. So anyways it's been crazy around here lately. And although Eva is a little wild right now she is still a wonderful little girl. She tries so hard to do everything on her own. Every morning she comes up to my room half dressed. She has a hard time with shirts so this is what a usually wake up to in the morning. On this day she even tried to do her own hair. I ended up having to help her a little with this one.

Amber got Eva this little "princess skirt" (as Eva calls it) for Christmas and she has just now fallen in love with it. All day long she is constantly switching from skirt to pants. Every time she puts it on she twirls around and says, "momma look princess" and I have to agree. She is a princess, all girls are.

The other day I just had to get out of the house so we went to the pet store which also has a petting zoo. Eva loves going there to see all the animals and really liked this pony. Thank goodness there are places like this to take the kids when you just have to get out.

With all this talk about Eva I can't forget to show you little Layla. She is still such a good little baby and is so sweet. She will be 2 months old on Friday. I can't believe I've had her for 2 months already. Doesn't she look like a little deer caught in head lights?

Layla: um..excuse me Eva can you get me some milk please?
Eva: um...excuse me Layla can you get your little baby hands off me please?


Being a mother of two is in ways easier than I thought it would be and in others just as hard as I had imagined. But I love my little girls to death and I know that even though I may have a bad couple of days that only means that I'm bound to have a couple of good days headed my way right? Please tell me I'm right. :)


8 comments:

Rachel B said...

You are amazing! And I am sure that little Eva is still just adjusting to having a little sister around. I can't believe she is already mostly potty trained! And she tries to dress herself too! You are a good mom, and you are doing great!

ashycam said...

It gets better. It also gets worse. it just all depends on the day. hang in there.

Ty and Jenn said...

Eva really is growing up. Yes those terrible twos are terrible sometimes but they are also great. Luke will give me the sweetest kisses and it just washes away the naughty things he's done. Layla is dang cute and definetly has her own look. I can't decide who she looks more like?

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Wow what an update! Sorry for the rough few days, yes it does get better!! Good thing your girls are so darn cute...makes the hard days a bit easier to deal with!

Shelli said...

I love that song, its perfect! Layla is just getting prettier all the time! And you are doing so great with being "The MAMA". Remeber when Dad used to call me that? Thanks for updating with new pictures! I need to do a post.

Amber said...

Ann- That made me laugh with the Layla comment to Eva. It reminded me of when you used to put both of Eva's hands on her hips and go "Hmmph". Cute little girls. Hang in there, but I totally know how you feel with the craziness of 2. I think it's funny that we both are getting after our little ones while always talking on the phone. "Nathan put your underware back on" "Eva, no you can't have juice. " Love ya sis!

Tom & Michelle said...

I love that in every picture Eva either has on only a shirt or just pants. she is funny.

Natalie said...

I must say that Layla looks a lot like Greg! Your girls are so cute.