Friday, January 23, 2009

And Then There Were Four

After 9 long months of consuming over 300 Tums, gaining 25 pounds, going on countless trips to Taco Bell, and 1 very big needle, Layla Grace made her appearance into the world. She was born by C-section on 1-20-09 at 12:32pm. Weighing 6lbs 13oz and 19 1/4 inches. Here is a picture of her right after she was pulled out of my stomach. You can see Greg in the background taking a peek over the curtain.

I have to admit that it was a little nerve racking just laying there on the table waiting to hear that first cry. But once I heard she was out and I saw her for the first time I think I was crying harder than she was.

After a short stay in recovery I was able to go to my room and spend time with my sweet little girl. Don't you just love the little pink hat?


Eva came up later that day and got to meet her new little sister. I was a little worried at how she would react to seeing me with a baby and hooked up to so many things. She really hates to see anyone hurt and freaks out if I have the smallest cut or bruise. But surprisingly she did great. She loved seeing Layla, and didn't seem to mind the IV in my arm at all. Every now and again she would just rub my shoulder and say, "it's OK Momma, It's OK." It was really sweet.


I'm really glad to be home now but I still have a lot of recovering to do. I will post more pictures of Layla soon but I just wanted to get a few on now for everyone to see. So here are my two best girls. My little Angels. Eva and Layla

16 comments:

Rachel B said...

How can anyone look that good after a C-section? And Eva is so beautiful. Good Job Andi! Thanks for the pictures!

Julianne said...

YAY! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! OK, I have been thinking of you all week long! Seriously! And, Layla is a DOLLIE! She looks just like Eva, from the tiny little face I can see poking out under the cute pink hat!

CONGRATULATIONS, GREG AND ANDREA!! I'm seriously just soosososososo excited for you! If I was there I would watch Eva and let you get some rest. I hope your recovery is going/goes really smoothly and that the transition period of being inside vs. being outside for Baby Layla goes well!

YAYAYAYAY!!

Audrey said...

Yea She's here!!!! I'm glad things went well. Layla is very cute. I also thought it was cool that the song Layla was playing when I went to read about her. I hope you recover quickly. Call me if you need anything.

Jonathan said...

Congratulations! She looks cute!

The Bartschi's said...

Oh she is soooo cute!!! CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!!

Ty and Jenn said...

She is beautiful. THere is nothing like holding a newborn. I'm glad Eva has been so supportive already. She looks like a proud sister. Congrats!

Trista said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad everything went well. What a beautiful baby. Eva looks excited to be a big sister. Congrats!

Jen said...

Congratulations! She is so precious!! I love the picture of the 2 girls :)

Mandie said...

Yay, congrats! Good luck with recovery and enjoy her while she's so tiny - they grow so fast!

Tyson and Tahnee said...

Congratulations!We were in hawaii when greg called tyson.. Let us know when the baby blessing is. We would love to come. She looks like she is a doll. I cant wait to see her.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful and Eva looks like a proud big sister! Can't wait to see more pics!

Tom & Michelle said...

well I think that she is a beautiful baby!!!! shes looks so good for just being born. And you look good to. Im happy for you and i am glad that Eva is being a good big sister. I can just picture her tsking care of Layla like you did with me. I love you kiss those sweet girls for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, makes me want to cry. She is pretty. Well I have a long way to go darnit, don't know what I am having yet. I am glad Eva took things so well.

Amber said...

She's a little doll! Can't wait to meet her! Congrats.

wendys said...

They are beautiful girls! How sweet. Congratulations!

Furniss Family said...

Congrat's you guys!! I am so glad that everything went so well!! I hope the c section went better than last time too!! What a cute little baby and cute gals you have!! I had to check your blog quick to see if you had had her yet. Wish I was there to help out or cook ya a meal. I've heard c section recoveries are painful. I'm sure your all doing well and again congrat's that is so wonderful. Kids are such miracles, aren't they? Take care!