Sunday, August 10, 2008

Eva misses her Daddy

Now that Greg is gone every 10 days I can tell that Eva really notices when he is not around. She does little things that make me think that she misses him a lot. Like the other day she went into the closet and got out one of his hats. She looked at it and said, "Daddy" then wore it around the house for a while. It does look pretty cute on her and I'm sure Greg wouldn't mind if she wears it while he is gone. Then yesterday as we were in the car a truck drove by that looked a lot like Greg's and she immediately pointed and said, "Daddy." Although this time is was in a really sad tone. It just made me feel so bad. Talk about toughing at your heart strings. I just can't wait for Greg to be back on Thursday so they can spend some time together.
They really have fun and I think most of you would agree that there is just something about the way Daddy's play with their kids. Mommy's just can't ever seem to do it the same.

9 comments:

Ty and Jenn said...

That is so sweet. I couldn't agree with you more. Whenever Luke hears a car pull up in front of our place he runs to the window and says, "Daddy's daddy's, wuant Daddy's." Kids are very smart.

The Larsons said...

Andrea! ahah okay so I loved watching that little video of Eva playing on the waterslide-she loved it! Eva is so cute, and smart- poor little girl misses her Daddy! If you ever get bored why he is gone give me a call and we can go do something!

Rachel B said...

Andi, that is just too hard. Not many people would do very well in a situation like that. But since you are the most organized and emotionally healthy person I know, you seem to be able to pull it off like everything else...with poise, beauty and grace.

Eva is so lucky to have you for a mom. I wish it was easier. You are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Amber said...

Eva is so cute...at least you can sleep in a little when Greg is home though. Good luck :)

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

That is hard! I hope this week goes by quickly and they can play again soon. She sure is a cutie! I got a kick out of watching her fall asleep on you yesterday in Relief Society.

Shelli said...

I love that picture, you really notice Eva's bright eyes. I know you both miss Greg, but you are doing great as a "single Mom" every 10 days. I know Heavenly Father will bless and strengthen you, because I ask him to all the time!!!

The Bartschi's said...

Oh how sweet! I almost started to cry just from reading about it.

Ryan and Julianne said...

So sadly cute! At least it's a good sign of how much she loves her dad. I think that's always a good thing. Here's to hoping for you and Eva that the rest of Greg's time away is short and his time at home is long.

Mandie said...

That is so sweet! Greg doesn't have to do that much longer does he? Hopefully it goes by fast! I gave Jonathan such a hard time last night when he was trying to leave to go study again - then I told him to think about how much harder it will be to leave when it's me and his little girl! I can only imagine...you are amazing!