Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

As of tomorrow it has been 3 weeks since little Julia has made her appearance into the world. So how are things going? Pretty good. :) She is a good baby who so far doesn't fuss or cry unless she is hungry. She wakes often at night but always goes back to sleep after eating. I guess I'm still kinda used to waking up a lot since Layla woke up every 2 hours to eat until she was 13 months! So yeah Julia waking about 4 times a night isn't so bad. Eva and Layla love her to death and are very sweet to her. I am also proud of the fact that I still haven't had a "for no reason melt down cry" which usually happens at least once right after I have a baby. Maybe it's because I'm too busy to cry about anything silly? Well whatever the reason I'm glad I've got everything under control. Like I said JuJu bean is a good baby but having another is still more work. Like getting Eva to preschool by 9 am is a juggling act, so was going to my brother-in-laws wedding over the weekend and going back to church on Sunday. But I'm doing it and I'm really happy.
With it being Mother's Day and me being alone I thought i would be sad but.....I'm not. I feel like even though Greg isn't here I've got my little family of girls with me and that makes me happy. I love being a Mom and I love my life. Motherhood is the greatest job I could ever have and I can only hope I do it well and raise strong, loving, kind, beautiful girls.
In the spirit of Mother's Day here are some of my favorite quotes about Mothers. Happy Mother's Day.




A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~Author Unknown


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh


All mothers are working mothers. ~Author Unknown


When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty


Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

A mother is a mother still,
The holiest thing alive.
~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

A mother understands what a child does not say. ~Author Unknown


I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln


Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories. ~John Wilmot

You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. ~William D. Tammeus

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey

The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents. ~John J. Plomp

A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done. ~Author Unknown

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. ~Chinese Proverb

6 comments:

Becky said...

Andrea,

I think that you are amazing and sooo strong!! Congrats on the new baby. She is so cute!!

Valerie said...

I love the mother's day quotes, thanks for sharing. :) And congrats on your newest little girl, she's a sweetheart.

Ty and Jenn said...

The fact that you are blogging with all the business and lack of sleep makes you amazing. Happy Mother's Day and I'm glad you've got your little girls to keep you smiling!

Greg said...

Julia must be pretty lucky to have three tiny, beautiful moms.

Amy said...

Happy belated mother's day!

Tom & Michelle said...

Great post! I shouldn't read things like that so close to being done pregnant... I just sob. lol