Saturday, April 2, 2011

She Did It!

Yes at 26 months little Layla is potty trained! I potty trained Eva before Layla was born and I loved only having one kid in diapers so with there only being a few weeks left before this next one is born I decided to give it a try. I told myself I would give Layla one week and if she wasn't getting it I would back off and go back to diapers for now. So the first few days were good and bad. Layla liked sitting on the potty but just wouldn't go. She just held her pee for hours and hours. This made me really want to keep trying cause I figured if Layla had this good of control then she probably would get it fast if she could get over being scared. So I kept on her everyday and after about 3 days she finally went in the potty. When Layla was done she jumped up and said, "I did it!" It was so cute and I was so proud of her. And that was it, she was potty trained. She had a couple accidents for the next few days but after 6 days she had it down. I'm so proud of her and I'm so glad I will again only have one child in diapers. So here's to you little Layla I knew you could do it :)

2 comments:

Greg said...

Yea Layla! You are so big. I am very proud of you Yankee Bean. Tell Eva thank you for helping, what a good big sister.

Ty and Jenn said...

That is awesome! Potty training is never fun and to have it all over with in one week makes it such a relief. You've always had the smartest girls Andrea.