Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have a lot of work to do.

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


8 comments:

Shelli said...

Great quote...where did you find it.

Tom & Michelle said...

That is a great quote and very fitting and true to life. I love ya!

Mandie said...

Love it! Thanks for the reminder, to be better...

Greg & Andrea said...

My friend Valerie posted it on her blog a while ago....i just happened to read it the other night and couldn't believe how well it seems to apply to my life right now. I told her I had to steal it for my blog.

Rachel B said...

Thanks for sharing that Andi! Perfect quote.

Amber said...

Loved reading that. Food for thought.

Natalie said...

Always good to talk to you. When we talk it like I get a good therapy session from you. I really wish you could move closer. So, I am posting part of your quote on my blog.

lisha said...

i think ur lil girls are so gourgous and i like that i see u are a good father cus most fathers aren't there like some descent one's