Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Goodbye Oklahoma

When we first got to Oklahoma I kinda just thought, "OK we will only be here for 4 months and we're done. I only need to make one friend with a kid Eva's age and then just keep myself busy until we move back." To my surprise I really enjoyed living in Oklahoma and made a few good friends. Once it was time to go I found myself sad and not wanting our time here to be over. The town we lived in wasn't great but our apartment complex was nice, brand new in fact and base life was wonderful. This is a picture of the cemetery on base. I don't know what it is about army cemeteries but I think they are so beautiful.


I will miss so many things that come with living in an army town. I will miss being called "Ma'am" by all men in uniform. I felt like I was being treated with such respect when I would hear, "Yes Ma'am." "Thank you Ma'am." "Can I help you with that Ma'am?" I will miss driving around on base and hearing and seeing all these men and woman training to serve and protect.

I will miss the Grocery store on base sooo much. It's nothing like Walmart. First of all everything is tax free and second all the workers are so helpful. They bag your grocery's for you, take them out to your car and even load them. Once I was there with both kids and I was just trying to put my food on the conveyor when two employees ran over and asked, "can we help you with that Ma'am?" They finish putting all my food on the conveyor for me. Now if that's not service I don't know what is.
I will miss my pool at my complex. I loved taking the girls swimming on all those hot, hot days.

I will miss the gym and my spinning class. I will miss the spray park too. One of my friends had a little girl Eva's age and a little boy Layla's age so we got along really well and hung out all the time. We went to the spray park together about 2 to 3 times a week. It was so much fun.


Can you believe that even in 108 degree weather Greg still has to walk around in uniform? He got done early this day and stopped by at the spray park to see us.

But as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end." I was so sad to go and will always have fond memories of our time here. It was a great summer and I loved getting to see Greg every single day. It's funny how even a place that is completely new can become what you would call "home" in such a short amount of time. But now it was time to pack everything up and move back to Idaho. I was not looking forward to all the driving we had coming so I tried to see if I could fit Eva and Layla in a box and just ship them back. :)

They didn't fit. :(
Some might ask how I can put up with all the moving around and long stretches without seeing my husband and I only have one answer......

I really do.

6 comments:

Rachel B said...

Crying my eyes out...but that's no surprise! Love you Andi!

Tom & Michelle said...

LOL Aunt Rachel I'm with you!!!! But also is that a surprise either?

Shelli said...

Oh, I know you love him, and he loves you. You have a beautiful little family and I am so proud of all of you. P.S. The bathing suit picture is great! "Sexy mama!" :)

Ty and Jenn said...

You are such a good patient wife. Your girls just get cuter and cuter! Yes moving is sad when you have to say goodbye to good things...I guess that is what makes memories and the internet so great!

Amber said...

This is a surprise...I'm crying right now...usually I elude the cry fest with the blogs! I love the song...is that on Bolt? Love you all, and yes maam hottie bathing suit mamma!

Tyson and Tahnee said...

We should get together sometime.