Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


There is a very special bond that Daddies and daughters share. I realized that more now that I see Greg with Eva and Layla but it also reminds me of my own relationship with my Father. Greg is just such a softy when it comes to his little girls. He loves to baby them and treat them like the little princesses they are. It's funny to see Greg looking so tough all done up in his military uniform to walk through the door, throw off his hat, drop his bags and pick up Eva and Layla kissing them and telling them how much he missed them while he was gone. They really melt his heart. Just the other night it was bed time and Greg carried Eva (like a princess) to her room. And I thought, "Awww he gave her a princess ride." It almost made me cry because it reminded me of my own Dad.

He is a very sweet man but has a tough side too. He is the kind of man that was good at intimidating a boyfriend or two. He loves to hunt and fix things. He likes sports and is good at just about anything he tries to do. He is a real man's man. But when it came to me and my sisters he new just what little girls liked. He did puppet shows, took us on Daddy Daughter dates, and bought us flowers for special occasions. He would give princess rides (or whatever request Michelle had that night of how she wanted to be carried to bed) without complaint. He never made us do the "man jobs" around the house like taking out trash or mowing the lawn. He treated us like little ladies and therefore wanted us to act like it. I remember him telling us not to burp at the table or fart in front of people because it wasn't lady like. (Although Greg might think I forgot about that rule) I am so thankful that I have a wonderful father that has given me many good memories. Thank you for always treating me like a lady. And even thought I know you would have liked a son you did really well with a house full of girls. :) I love you so much Dad, and I'm so proud of you for all that you have accomplished and for the life that you live today.


And I am so thankful for you Greg, for being such a loving husband and father. I love you so much. Happy Father's day to both of you.

5 comments:

Shelli said...

Oh, so sweet Andi. I'm so thankful too for the good loving man your Dad is. And I am so thankful for you and your sisters for the love and thoughtfullness you extend to me and your Dad.

This is dad, thank you for the picture of Eva and Layla, it is really sweet. As for the childhood memories are concerned I wish I could do it all over again with all 3 of my sweet girls. I love you all. Love dad.

Shelli said...

Oh yeah, I love Greg too, and am thankful that he is a sweet good man to all of you.

Rachel B said...

You are right...you have 2 amazing men in your life! And they are lucky to have you too!

Tom & Michelle said...

Very sweet Andi. Its true that we have a awesome dad who loves us. And could allways be counted on for a good princess ride or Playing monster. good daddy.

Amber said...

Oh, yes let me copy everyone is saying...very sweet. We really did have a great childhood thanks to mom and dad. And you know your girls will grow up remembering all the good Greg has done, just like we remember the good with our dad.