Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby girl is 2!

Little Layla turned 2 on the 20th of January. Where has the time gone? I still think of her as my baby but I guess my baby is growing up and moving onto toddler life. Should I be happy or scared? Probably a little of both. But even though she can throw some of the best tantrums I have ever seen she is also so sweet and loving. I was glad to have a little party to celebrate her special day. I just did a family party so it was easy and low key. We had Chinese food for lunch because Layla's favorite food is rice. I can put any kind of rice on her plate and she will eat it all and ask for more. She loves it.


After cake we opened presents. I think one of her favorite presents was this ball pit from her Uncle Reagan. It was a big hit with all the kids there.


Here is her cute, girly cake.


Layla ready to blow out her candles.


She did it all by herself and then stuck her finger right in the cake.


Eating Yummy cake.


So here she is ready to tackle the terrible 2's. I'm tell you don't let this sweet little face fool you. In the past few months she's really learned how to be a stinker when she wants to be. But most of the time she is such a joy in my life. She says the cutes phrases and does the cutest dances ever. Some of her favorite phrases are
"I try" when she wants a turn
"Are you alright?" If someones say ouch or cries
"Who's that?" Every time I get off the phone
"Hi B." Which is when she is saying hi to my parents dog Bailey
"awww cute" for any animal she sees
"Thirsty" anytime she wants a drink
I love her to death and I can't wait to see all she will learn to do this next year of her life.

Happy Birthday Layla.

2 comments:

Ty and Jenn said...

She is such a pretty little girl! Happy birthday Layla!

Shauna said...

Cute little Layla...I miss seeing "I push." But you probably don't!